Certificate/Short Course in Video ProductionLOOK THROUGH THE LENS TO SEE YOUR FUTURE IN VIDEO PRODUCTION
YOUR CAREER IN VIDEO PRODUCTION BEGINS NOW
Course StructureDuration: 72 hours, 8 Weeks
Times/Week: 3 days per week
• A 72 hours course in the essentials needed for filmmaking and storytelling pipeline. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to identify their creative vision and execute it using universal film tools, techniques and terminology, and production requirements. In this course, participants will be introduced to the craft of digital filmmaking for both fiction/non-fiction, the film production pipeline, and how to create short videos using all the needed tools (software and hardware). Throughout the course, participants will be organized into groups and will be assigned to do short fiction OR non-fiction (documentary) scenes, and they will shoot those scenes inside the school, with specific duration and subjects assigned by our lecturers, the scenes should reflect the gained experience throughout the course.
• Create a short script and how long the feature film is written and structured.
• Introduction to visual language.
• Learning how to break down scripts for the production phase.
• Understanding the duties of each crew member.
• Coverage and blocking as storytelling tools.
• Working with sound.
• Editing their short films and finalizing them.
• Understanding the elements that help to interpret any idea into a video
• Shot size, compositions, perspective and shooting techniques
• How scripts works in fiction and non-fiction, and script writing process.
• Participants will start learning and exploring how to edit using Adobe Premiere.
• Working with DSLR cameras and lenses.
• Basic understanding of lights for films.
• Framing and spaces.
project, under the instructors’ supervision.
• Participants will edit their short scenes at home, and will meet for a session with their supervisor for revisions.
• By end of this week participants will screen their film.
All SAE courses focus on practical, hands-on delivery. The amount of practical time you experience during your study varies depending on your course. You will always have an opportunity to access campus resources and facilities outside of class times; during campus opening hours.
It can vary depending on the course. In most cases, lectures have an average of 15 students.
The cost of each course at SAE varies. For information on the tuition fee, contact one of the Career Advisors on your campus at +962 6 4000 707.