Study Options

When are your intakes?

SAE has two intakes per year: February and September. Short courses and certificates courses may have different intake timings - contact your campus for further information.

Are your courses recognised overseas?

SAE degree transcripts and certificates allow for credit transfer to any SAE campus that has a partnership with Middlesex University or Quantum College, which gives the option to continue the academic progression and achieve accreditation status in the country of study.

Do you have night-time/part-time courses?

SAE Amman does not offer any part time courses at the moment, however it offers a variety of certified short courses that might be scheduled during the evening, typically between 5.00-8.00pm. Contact your campus directly if you require further information. 

How much practical time will I get?

All SAE courses have a focus on practical, hands-on delivery. The amount of practical time you experience during your studies does vary, depending on your course. You will also have opportunities to access campus resources and facilities outside of class time, during campus opening hours. 

I have no background in this subject, will I cope?

We carefully design and deliver all our units to help you develop the knowledge you need to be successful in your chosen feild of study. Courses and course units at SAE follow best practice teaching and learning.

I don't have a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Tawjihi). What options are there for me?

At SAE we recognise that preparation for study does not always need to be restricted to formal education attainment. Contact your campus to discuss your alternative entry options. 

What is the relationship between the theoretical and practical aspects of my course?

Successful creative media graduates need both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. It is important to know the "how" and the "why" of your industry. SAE courses are specifically designed to give you practical expertise and a solid theoretical foundation.

When is the next Open Day?

Upcoming Open Day details can be found on our Events page.

My Application

What are the entry requirements for me to study at SAE?

Entry requirments for SAE courses can be found in the Key Facts section of your relevant course page.

What is the application process?

You can apply for SAE courses online. Visit Application Process under the Admissions tab to get started. 

What should I expect or prepare for the Alternative Entry process?

Alternative entry options are avaiable to both domestic and international students. For further information, contact your campus to discuss your alternative entry options.

Where can I get an application form and how do I apply?

You can apply for SAE courses online. Visit How to Apply to get started. 

Why do you need certified hardcopies of my documents?

Certified copies of your supporting documents are required for accreditation and auditing requirements. 

How do I get documents certified?

For SAE documents, see the campus from which the documents were originally issued. For all other documents, these can be certified by people employed in particular professions including: The Higher Ministry of Education in Jordan, The Embassy or consulate of the Applicant’s home country in Jordan.

The person verifying the documents must state “I certify that I have sighted the original document and this is a true copy of it” and should sign and print the following details:

  • Full name
  • Address
  • Daytime phone number
  • Profession or occupation
  • Organisation and registration number (where applicable)
  • Stamp (where applicable)
  • Date verified

When do applications close for each intake?

Applications will be assessed for eligibility up to the advertised commencement date of the course. Places in the course are capped and filled according to date-received priority. The earlier your application is made, the more likely you are to receive a placement. If you are unable to commence the course on the scheduled date, you may postpone commencement by contacting Student Services at your campus.

Where can I get help with my visa application?

Applying for a student visa can be a complicated process. While you are able to do this yourself, an approved SAE Agent can help you with the process. Agents are trained to assist applicants with their university and visa applications.

My Enrollment

What do I do if I want to defer or leave?

If you wish to defer, you will be required to contact Student Services at your campus and complete a Cessation of Studies form.

What happens if I withdraw or I don't complete my studies?

You must withdraw prior to census date in order to be eligible for a refund of tuition fees. If you have not paid your fees and withdraw after the census date, you will incur a debt. Non-completion of studies does not normally entitle a student to any refund.

What is the Census Date?

The census date is the last day you can withdraw from a unit without incurring any financial or academic penalty for that unit of study. The census date is usually set at 20% of the study period for each trimester and will be published in advance. For more information, kindly contact our career advisers or fill in this enquire form.

What is the maximum time I can defer?

The maximum time you are able to defer study is 12 months.

What if I change my mind? Can I pull out of my course once I start?

Financial penalties will apply to students who leave their courses after the allocated census date.

Fees and Payments

What happens if I withdraw or I don't complete my studies?

You must withdraw prior to census date in order to be eligible for a refund of tuition fees. If you have not paid your fees and withdraw after the census date, you will incur a debt. Non-completion of studies does not normally entitle a student to any refund.

When do I need to pay my tuition fees?

Your tuition fees are due prior to the trimester start date.

How much does a course at SAE cost?

For further information on tuition fees please contact your campus directly

What are my payment options?

You may elect to pay tuition fees using one of the following methods:

  • Cheque 
  • Visa or Mastercard
  • Electronic Transfer or Direct Deposit


Student Services

What support networks do you have in place for people with a disability or special learning needs?

SAE is committed to providing equal opportunities for students with disabilities or special learning needs. For more information visit Student Services

Student Life

Approximately how many students are in a class?

This can vary depending on the campus and course. You may, for example, have a larger lecture group for common units, and a smaller tutorial group of 8-15 students. In most cases tutorial sizes average 15 - 30 students.

Can I work whilst studying?

Students who are well organised find casual or part-time work most manageable.

How often will I need to be on campus?

You should expect to be on campus Five days a week. For Short courses you should expect to be on campus 2 -3 days a week.

My Studies

Can I come in and work on assessments on the weekend?

Students can access campus facilities during opening hours. Please contact your campus for timings.

How do I get a new email password?

You can have your email password reset by emailing the request through to our Student Services Advisor (details will be provided during induction day).

How many days do I have to lodge a Special Consideration form?

You have 10 days after the due date to lodge a Special Consideration form.

Who do I give medical certificates to?

If you need to provide a medical certificate for any reason, please ensure that you provide this to the Student Services Advisor at your campus.

How much study is required outside school time?

Degree study load is defined as 40 hours per week. Of this 40 hours, you can expect 10-14 hours of face-to-face teaching time. The additional hours of study include collaborative work (i.e. recording sessions) and individual study time.

Facilities and Equipment

Do I get access to all campus facilities if I complete a short course? (E.g access to all the sound studios if doing Audio)

You will have access to the facilities and equipment relevant to your course and on which you have been trained.

Do I need a computer or laptop to study the Course?

It’s highly recommended that students have their own computer or laptop (for after school study), however, students have access to our campus computer labs for class and assessment work.

Is your equipment industry standard?

Yes! We consult with industry on a regular basis and update our resources as required.

What are the campus opening hours?

Opening hours are generally 9.00am–5.00pm. Students have after-hours access to the studios and computer labs. For more information contact your campus.

What is the situation with parking on campus?

For information regarding parking at your campus, click the Transport tab on your campus page

What software will I be using?

You will use a variety of industry standard and specialised software applications relevant to your study. 

What time can I collect the film gear?

Each campus has their own guidelines regarding equipment collection. Please contact your campus directly.

When do the studios open?

Typically, studios open at 9.00am. Please contact your campus directly for more information on opening hours and studio availability.